948Ha Farm For Sale in Harrismith
948ha of farm land in the perfect location. It is easily accessible from the N3 near Harrismith, midway between Durban and Gauteng.
The land has it all. It is located against the magnificent Platberg mountain, has a large dam and beautiful scenery of mountains across the rolling grassland. The highest point of Platberg is at an altitude of 2395m.
About 200ha arable land is currently used for grazing. It would be possible to irrigate this arable land out of the large dam above by gravitation.
The dam is also ideal for fishing and water sport.
This is a good summer rainfall area. According to the webside, Dorea, the rainfall is between 850mm and 1000mm average per annum. There are natural springs and dams.
1. A double storey Rondavel (approximately 215m² floor area) with thatched roof next to the large dam. It has three bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen, open plan living and dining area and a BBQ area. There is a small store room.
2. A large four bedroom farm house with two bathrooms, a study, kitchen, sun room, store room, dining area, lounge, covered parking and garden with a great view over the mountains
3. A large sandstone shed with covered storage.
4. A large corrugated iron shed.
5. Cattle or sheep pen with loading facility, layout ideal for handling and sorting.
6. A mountain hut of about 80m², which was damaged by fire, but can easily be easily rebuilt.
The land is ideal for many development opportunities, such as:
Cable Carts, venue, mountain resort, chalets etc. Farming activities can include cattle, sheep, grass, haying, irrigation, lots of trees for commercial wood sales etc.). Outdoor activities (walking trails, horse riding, abseiling, ski slope with ski jacks, mountain biking, trail running, hang gliding etc. Lots of waterfalls from the natural underground source (bottled water opportunity).
The price is only for the immovable property, if the interested party want to buy the movable assets as well this can be negotiated. The transaction is subject to VAT.
The property is subject to VAT.